Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pulkit_Thukral
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Wildmatch - user input variable on a field on UI

Hi All,

I am working on a requirement where user will provide inputs in an input box and based on the input a Hostname would be generated.

Fields that user need to enter are:-

Server Location

SCR (Unique Number)

Server type

& so on.

Also,after every time when user presses save button, current set of values(from all input variables)  gets saved in a qvd and automatically are loaded in the document.

Objective:- Now , because SCR Number should be unique , i have given a text box in front of SCR Number input box which has to provide message to user that entered SCR Number is available if it is not found in pre-existing SCR Numbers.

Otherwise, Not Available should be displayed.

Unfortunately,wildmatch function is not working in this text box.

I have written :- if(WildMatch([SCR Number],vSCRNumber)=1,'Not Available','Available')

1.PNG

This expression is not finding any SCR Number value because of multiple values present.

How can this thing be achieved.

Also, can a pop up also be enabled if input box is left empty while pressing save button ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

My bad, I made some mistakes in the above expression, try in the attached

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be try like this:

If(WildMatch(Concat(DISTINCT '|' & [SCR Number] & '|', ','), '|vSCRNumber|'), 'Not Available', 'Available')

or

If(SubStringCount(Concat(DISTINCT '|' & [SCR Number] & '|', ','), '|vSCRNumber|') > 0, 'Not Available', 'Available')

sunny_talwar

My bad, I made some mistakes in the above expression, try in the attached

Pulkit_Thukral
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Big thanks Sunny for your help.

Only Question is, will the performance degrade once we have a big list of SCR Numbers ?

Also , if you may notice in below straight table, IP Value is not coming properly as it is taking value from the variable-vIP. Hence, showing the expression rather than the value.

How can we get this value ?

sunny_talwar

1st -> It could affect performance, but should not be a deal breaker unless you have resource constraints.

2nd -> May be try to add Evaluate() function around your variable. I am not sure, but if you can provide a sample qvd for scenario, I can play around with this a little.

Pulkit_Thukral
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I believe you have the application now.

Would request you to enter the values in the input boxes and select save button, it will automatically create a qvd in your desktop.

The same would be updated in the below straight table automatically.

This is requested as I will not be able to share such file here.