Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pedromsouza
Creator II
Creator II

Windows 10 setup for better performance

Hi,

I'd like to know how to setup Windows 10 for better Qlikview performance (virtual memory and other tweaks). I searched about it and find information about Qlikview Server, but I want info about tweaks for Qlikview desktop (for development).

Recently I edited a QVW that would freeze Windows while reloading. It happens when it hits 100% ram usage.

I have a laptop with i7, 8gb of ram (but video card takes 0,5).

Regards,

Pedro.

Qliking since '09
14 Replies
pedromsouza
Creator II
Creator II
Author

No, it freezes.

Qliking since '09
pedromsouza
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks. Very helpful answer. I removed some unnecessary columns, but it still uses all 8 GB of RAM. I think it's related to the master calendars (3).

Qliking since '09
pedromsouza
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I changed all calendar columns names to avoid synthetic keys, but it still uses 100% ram and freezes. But I'm almost certain the issue is related to the calendars. 

Qliking since '09
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Can you descibe your master calendars? The structure, how many columns in each and which columns? How rows do they have each? If you share a screenshot of the Table Viewer we could get a better understanding of your data model and possibly give you some advice on that.

Colin-Albert

Can you enable debug mode and just load 10 rows into each table using Limited Load. This will allow you to see how your data model looks and if you could post a screen-shot of the model this may help identify the problem.

debug LimitedLoad.jpg