Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Windows OS for Qlikview ?

Hi All,

I have one simple question Should Widows OS should be bought with CALS to be used with Qlikview users Like 5 Named CALS etc? or a Windows OS like windows 7, windows server 2003, windows server 2008 without CAL will allow Qlikview users to connect remptely on there browser?

anant

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi, Anant

As Mahendra and tresenco already commented, there is no relationship with the Microsoft Windows CAL and the QlikView Users CAL.

You need microsoft Windows CALs when you need to share the server resources among different users or devices (let's say, printers for instance):

http://www.microsoft.com/es-es/licensing/about-licensing/client-access-license.aspx

When you install QlikView you are installing different services, two of them are part of the QlikView frontend (QlikView Server and QlikView WebServer).

Your users will connect to the QlikView WebServer using 80 port of your server and then accessing the information allocated inside each QlikView application, but do not need a Windows CAL for that.

Hope it helps.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi ALL,

please help ? need valuable inputs of your all.

anant

Not applicable
Author

Windows OS doesn't contain QV CALs.We need to purchase QV server with named user CALS.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

May be the question is simple, but it does not reach the people here as simple as the question should have been. Probably you are mixing the licensing of Windows and QlikView. Both the licensing have to be dealt separately. You would require OS license from Microsoft, whereas, QlikView CALs from QlikTech. Buying only either of them would not help implementing QlikView.

Have I got your question right?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mahendra and tresseco thanks for replying,

Yes I know we need to buy licence from Qliktech and i know it but that is ok.  Actally

what i want to know is Should the OS may be Windows 7,Wnidows Server 2003 or Windows server 2008 must have there Windows CALS for letting 5 ,10 or any numbers of user to connect i am not asking of Qlikview Cals I know

we need to buy seprately from Qliktech but I am asking of Microsoft Windows CAL  ?

anant

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dubey,

I think , not required that much MS Windows CAL.

Mahendra

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

The users of the Qlikview server are not bound by the OS, as long as they are using a compatible browser they should be able to access the reportsThey should be able to access the reports from their phone, tablet or linux PC etc

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi all

I Need some more inputs and confermation from you all.

Thanx in advace

anant

Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi, Anant

As Mahendra and tresenco already commented, there is no relationship with the Microsoft Windows CAL and the QlikView Users CAL.

You need microsoft Windows CALs when you need to share the server resources among different users or devices (let's say, printers for instance):

http://www.microsoft.com/es-es/licensing/about-licensing/client-access-license.aspx

When you install QlikView you are installing different services, two of them are part of the QlikView frontend (QlikView Server and QlikView WebServer).

Your users will connect to the QlikView WebServer using 80 port of your server and then accessing the information allocated inside each QlikView application, but do not need a Windows CAL for that.

Hope it helps.

Best regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Luis for your valuable Input.

anant