Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_BI
Creator
Creator

Windows prompt for QMC qlikview

Dear QV experts -

When opening QMC from windows 2016 server where qv is installed, i get Windows Security alert to provide userid and password when i launch QMC.

Check1: The required windows group policies are set and verified

Check2: The Function id used to log in windows server is a part of Administrators and QV administrators group

Check3: I've disabled internet setting not to prompt user id and password for intranet sites.

Check4: I've restarted all the 5 qlikview services.

Any suggestions please.

Thank you!

Sean.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Sean_BI
Creator
Creator
Author

In addition, after providing log in id an pwd, i can see QMC, but can't see anything other than QMC tabs (refer attachment). 

The account that runs qv is a part of local admistrator and qlikview admistrator group. I've double checked all the necessary group policies (windows 2016). 

This is strange behaviour. still cant reach to QMC fully.

Appreciate early response please.

Rgds,

SEan

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The underlying issue is you are using 'localhost' in the URL, Server 2016 is taking offense to that, swap localhost with the actual server name, and I believe things should work as you expect at that point...  If you want a shortcut to launch things, you will have to make one, as ours defaults to localhost, and I cannot recall if it can be modified there or not...  You may still need to supply credentials potentially as well, again server thing, not really an issue we can fix on our side.

The only other thing of which I can think is Windows Defender is messing with things, that is enabled by default in Server 2016, so if the above does not work, I would check on that next.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.