Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Working on different projects with Same setup

Hi,

I am working on different Qlikview projects but we are setting up one Client Server Setup. Can please elaborate and let me know how the folder structure would be to distinguish between the projects.

Thanks for your time !!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

a) once the QV Enterprise Server setup is completed, How can we check the connectivity between the environments whether the installation is working fine or not.

---by default u will get some qv document son server,u can try to access those from accesspoint one way

else u can place any of ur qv document on server after u configure ur folder structure on ur server u can see

else by default u can login to qemc and see all ur service are running or not? if all running hopefulll everthg is working.

b) I would like to know how the folder structure would look like after installation to place the files.---this wht we discusssed above,any how..u can create ur folder structure somethng like this on ur server(for abckend)

1.batch document(to store ur qvds)

2.presentation documents(for dashbaords/reports)

u configure the above two filders with ur server and after that..if u want o place u dashbaords accordingly ur project names,,,u can follow these steps...

QEMC--Documents---UserDocuments--Select ur dashboard---Document Information tab--General--Specify ur project name here (on Or Type a New Category)--Aplly (click on bottom)

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Project Name:

1.Access Point

2.DashBoard

3.Backup

4.Data Extractor

5.Documents

1.Excels

2.Images

3.QVDS

4.Txt Files

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Sreeharsha,

refer this blog qlikblog.at/766/qliktip-25-organize-qlikview-projects-file-system/

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Many thanks for the Quick Response !!!

Will it be possible to to send any screenshot of the same how the files will look like in the first four folders.

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Sreeharsha,

I don't have screenshot. The attached documents with screenshot and explanation may help.

Not applicable
Author

hi Shankar,

I have seen the blog and was able to analyze it how it could be..In the structure which you have sent what kind of files would be in Backup and Data Extractor. I understand in dashboard folder we would be having the qvw's .

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

This way u can do on Access point:

QEMC--Documents---UserDocuments--Select ur dashboard---Document Information tab--General--Specify ur project name here (on Or Type a New Category)--Aplly (click on bottom)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shiva and Shankar,

Thanks for your replies,

Would also like to check if there are projects keep adding. Would we be maintaining in the form of folders having different paths like below in the same shared path?

Project_1 :

1.Access Point

2.DashBoard

3.Backup

4.Data Extractor

5.Documents

1.Excels

2.Images

3.QVDS

4.Txt Files

Project_2 :

1.Access Point

2.DashBoard

3.Backup

4.Data Extractor

5.Documents

1.Excels

2.Images

3.QVDS

4.Txt Files

and so on...

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

tis structure is to maintain in source ur dashboards/qvws/qvds/source files with excel/images..etc folders ,but we can't see the same structure in AP.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Could you please elaborate how would the folders/Shared Path would look like in the Server when projects keep adding when we have one time Server Installation.