Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterlarsson
Contributor
Contributor

Wrong Bookmark is being displayed as selected first time user selects a bookmark

Hi!

We have a Qlikviewapplication with eight Document bookmarks and every time a user enters the application and clicks a bookmark for the first time then the first bookmark in the bookmark drop-down list is being displayed as selected, no matter which bookmark was selected, but the filtering applied is for the bookmark that was clicked. If the user then again clicks a bookmark then the displaying of selected is ok.

A forced refresh (ctrl + F5) makes the displaying of selected bookmark ok.

As soon as the bookmark drop-down of any reason is back in default mode “Select bookmark” then the same error occurs again when selecting a bookmark other than the first in the list.

Any ideas of what is wrong/workarounds?

Version QV: 11.20 SR12

Browser: Internet Explorer 11.0

4 Replies
peterlarsson
Contributor
Contributor
Author

It works fine in our development environment, the problems occurs in accesspoint.

balabhaskarqlik

May be this is the reason:

Bookmarks are stored in the .shared file on the server. The .shared file gets recreated when someone views the .qvw.  Make sure it isn't being deleted at some point and then recreated when someone views the files again.

peterlarsson
Contributor
Contributor
Author

How can the .shared file be deleted by an end user, is there a setting that makes it possible?

dapostolopoylos
Creator III
Creator III

Your QlikView Server where the Access Point is i guess it is a Windows Server.

In some cases it was reported that some files where just dissapearing without any reason and i have experiensed the same situation myself in my ex job.

Take a look here https://www.zdnet.com/article/the-case-of-the-disappearing-files/

or search Google, maybe you could find something

Father/Husband/BI Developer