Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Wrong values using Flags in Sum Expression

Hi,

I'm developing an application witch values of 'Venda' and 'MetaR'. All values are from 2011, but soon I'll have from others years too.

I have a flag, 'AnoCorrente', to use inside the Sum expressions, to set only the values of the current year.

In the sum of 'Vendas', works fine, but in the Sum of 'MetaR', the values are unreallistic.

The expressions are:

=sum(AnoCorrente*[Venda R$ Fat Bruto])/1000

=sum(AnoCorrente*[MetaR R$ Fat Bruto])/1000

Any ideas of how to solve this problem ?

I've attached a file to show the issue.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Oleg's answer is the most advisable to do, but you can also use the next expression:

=

SUM({$<AnoCorrente={1}>}[MetaR R$ Fat Bruto])/ 1000

It returns the same numbers as the expresion without AnoCorrente

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I believe the problem is hidden in the data structure. You load 3 source data tables with numerous identical fields, into 3 separate tables. QlikView links the tables, generating 3 Synthetic keys. Your Flag is one of those identical fields, that become a key field.

I believe that if you concatenated all 3 tables into one, you'd get correct results and eliminate the need in 3 synthetic keys. So, try this:

DataTable:

LOAD .....

;

CONCATENATE (Data Table)

LOAD .....

;

Not applicable
Author

Oleg's answer is the most advisable to do, but you can also use the next expression:

=

SUM({$<AnoCorrente={1}>}[MetaR R$ Fat Bruto])/ 1000

It returns the same numbers as the expresion without AnoCorrente

Not applicable
Author

Hi could you explain the code {$<AnoCorrente={1}>} a little bit? what's $ here for?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Thanks ! It works !!

I cannot use Oleg's Solution, because other requirements, but this works just fine.

Thank you all, people!