cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laxanders
Contributor II
Contributor II

XML reading issue

I got a new computer and installed QV 12.40.20300.0 SR3 previously I have been using  QV 12.10.20700.0 SR9. 

I use a script as follows:

[QVD Info]:

LOAD

lower(Discriminator)                                                                           as QVDFilePath,

FileTime(Discriminator)                                                                     as QVDFileTime,

QvdTableName(Discriminator)                                                       as QVDTableName,

'$(vDocumentPath)'                                                                            as QVDDocument,

lower(Discriminator)&';'&peek('QVDPathString')                   as QVDPathString,

rowno()                                                                                                    as QVDRecord;

LOAD

replace(Discriminator,';','') as Discriminator

FROM '$(vDocumentPath)' (XmlSimple, Table is [DocumentSummary/LineageInfo])

where upper(right(Discriminator,4))='QVD;';

This script when loading with QV 12.10.20700.0 SR9 in a documument with about 17 qvd-files takes about 5 seconds

but when I load the same script in QV 12.40.20300.0 SR3 it takes about 1 minute and 15 seconds.

Old computer Win 10, i7 (4 cores) 16 MB ram.

New computer Win 10, i7 (8 cores) and 32 MB ram.

Why is the xml reading so slow on my new computer?

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
laxanders
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I gave up trying to find out what was wrong and reinstalled the computer and after that it now runs properly, even the xml-script.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, in some particular cases performance of new versions can be worst than the old ones but in this case I don't think that is the case. Over a minute for just reading simpole data from 17 files seems too long.

Maybe antivirus software is interfering?

Or if DocumentPath is a network resource you can try to copy and test on local the discard any network issue

laxanders
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, I have closed down firewall, anti virus and uninstalled 12.40 and installed 12.10 instead.

Even after these changes I have the same slow loading speed. I unfortunately have no software to compare with if there are some Windows 10 or hardware issues.

rubenmarin

Hi, is that xml something you can share to make some tests? Or scramble the data so you can compare your tests with mines?

laxanders
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, I think this is not a ClikView problem when the xml-script works fine on my old computer and also on QlikView Server.

The script for XML-reading can be used in any QV-document when you load data from qvd-files.

laxanders
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I gave up trying to find out what was wrong and reinstalled the computer and after that it now runs properly, even the xml-script.