Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rido1421
Creator III
Creator III

Year on Year Comparison

Hi There

I am trying to create a year on year comparison on my dashboard

I have two text boxes one displaying current year sales and another displaying prev year sales

Current Year" =num(sum({$< [Fiscal Year] = {$(vMAXYEAR)},[Year-Month]={"<=$(=(vMAXYM))"}>} [Invoiced Amount])/1000,'#,##0')"

Previous Year="=vPREVYEAR&' : '&num(sum({$< [Fiscal Year] = {$(vPREVYEAR)},[Year-Month]={"<=$(=(vMAXLASTYEAR))"}>} [Invoiced Amount])/1000,'#,##0')"

The problem with the previous year is that it doesnt display MTD for the current month , so for example for 2014 it is displaying the full month of Jan comparing the two list boxes this is incorrect .

I have tried  "If( Day(DATE_KEY) <= Day(Today()), 1, 0) as IsInMTD" in the script  and then

using the flag in the set analysis expression  as per below

"=vPREVYEAR&' : '&num(sum({$< [Fiscal Year] = {$(vPREVYEAR)},[Year-Month]={"<=$(=(vMAXLASTYEAR))"},IsInMTD={1}>} [Invoiced Amount])/1000,'#,##0')"

This doesnt give me correct figures... any idea what I could be doing wrong... or perhaps a simpler solution ?

I need to use the expression in a number of places so im trying to keep the expression as simple as possible as not to use up to much resources...

Thank you .

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't see any obvious issue in what you posted. Can you post a document that demonstrates the problem?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Colin-Albert

Add a test table box showing DATEKEY and IsInMTD to test that the flag is correct in each year.

rido1421
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Gysbert

My problem here seems to be that "If( Day(DATE_KEY) <= Day(Today()), 1, 0) as IsInMTD only gives

the current month as a flag, I would need the previous  months of the fiscal year + the amount of days in the current month

Sum({<IsInMTD={1},[Fiscal Year]={$(vPREVYEAR)}>}[Invoiced Amount])

will only give me the invoiced amount last years fiscal month equivalent to this year

so in this case this months fiscal month is 4 and the above expression only gives the invoiced amount for 2014 fiscal month 4(Which is the current month)

I need an accumulative figure fiscal month 1+2+3+4(up until todays date)

so that I can do the comparison ,current year vs Prev year

I hope my explanation is not to confusing

Thank you