Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

YoY chart

Hi all,

I am trying to make a Year over Year chart. What i want to achive is a line chart with Year as dimension, and increase in value since last year as expression.

It looks like this:

TABLE

FACT:

LOAD * INLINE [

FISCAL_YEAR, VALUE

FY17, 2

FY17, 6

FY16, 5

FY16,14

FY15, 10

]

Chart

Dimension: FISCAL_YEAR

Expression: avg(VALUE ) - avg( { $1< FISCAL_YEAR= {'$(=vPrevious_year)'} > } VALUE )

Variable

'FY'&(Right(FISCAL_YEAR,2)-1)

It does not work, and i can't figure out why, the variable alone as expression with the FY as dimensions works fine. Do u have any tips?

Thank you,

PD. i provide some sample data and tables

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Like this?

Capture.JPG

CY = Sum(Value)

Increase = Above(CY)-CY

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

My suggestion is this?

FACT:

LOAD *, Right(FISCAL_YEAR,2) as YEAR INLINE [

FISCAL_YEAR, VALUE

FY17, 2

FY17, 6

FY16, 5

FY16,14

FY15, 10

]

Chart

Dimension: FISCAL_YEAR

Expression: avg(VALUE ) - avg( { $1< FISCAL_YEAR= {'$(=vPrevious_year)'} > } VALUE )

Variable

Max(YEAR)-1

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Like this?

Capture.JPG

CY = Sum(Value)

Increase = Above(CY)-CY

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes i think is that! I am checking it!

Thank you very much!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not working, i belive that the reason is that FY17 is a string not a number, that why i was spillting it in my variable.

Thanks anyway!!

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I don't have access, As my assumption the degrade should be YEAR only. For sure this should work until unless i am in different root

avg(VALUE ) - avg( { $1<YEAR= {'$(=vPrevious_year)'} > } VALUE )

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
tresesco
MVP
MVP

For some reason, I am not able to attach. You can just try as I suggested above.

CY is the first expression label. Or, you can try second expression as = Above(Sum(VALUE)) - Sum(VALUE)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes it worked! Sorry i didnt see the expression below the graphic at the beginig.

Thank you for the help!