Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

about the column order in a table

Hi, all,

As recently, we saw a strange behavior of QV table and NPrinting. Though the problem was solved. But I still have a question about the order of the columns in QV.

The situation is like this:

We have 2 dimension columns D1 and D2, and order as D1 (first), D2 (second) in the "Dimension" tab, and 10 Expression columns (E1,E2, ,...,E10). And D1 is set as "Hide Column" in Presentation tab.  So we see the table like this:

------------------------------

C1 | C2 |...  |Cn | CEnd

------------------------------

D2 | E1 | ... |E9 | E10

As we have problem to match the data in nprinting, we thought C1 holds the data of D2, but it is not, C1 holds data of E1. And Cn holds data of D2, CEnd holds data of E10.

Then we try to check what is wrong. And found the weird thing :  when we set D1 as "Show Column" back, then the table order become like this:

---------------------------------------

C1 | C2 |... |Cn | CEnd | Cn+1

---------------------------------------

D1 | E1 | ...| E9 | E10   | D2

As now the D2 is at the end of the table, it is really strange. It should be at C2. But, I do not know whether D2 is manually moved to the end of the table before D1  is set as "Hide Column".

Now, my question is: if  D1 and D2 are the only tow dimensions in the table. D1 is set as the first column, and D2 is set as the last column. After set "D1" as "Hide Column", whether it is a normal behavior that D2 will be automatically moved to C1?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrea_Ghirardello

Hi Zhihong,

I suggest you contact the support team directly.

Here you can find lots of tutorials and you can give feedback or request support: Customer Feedback for Vizubi

In any case, this kind of issue usually happens when you move columns (dimensions or expressions) within the chart and then you hide one or some of them.

I suggest you show all columns, then restore the original order (dimensions first, then expressions), finally hide again the columns.

Save the chart and the document , re-map the object inside the NPrinting template (right click on the table object, click on update) and and try again.

Hope this helps.

Andrea

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

BTW, this is a straight table.

Andrea_Ghirardello

Hi Zhihong,

I suggest you contact the support team directly.

Here you can find lots of tutorials and you can give feedback or request support: Customer Feedback for Vizubi

In any case, this kind of issue usually happens when you move columns (dimensions or expressions) within the chart and then you hide one or some of them.

I suggest you show all columns, then restore the original order (dimensions first, then expressions), finally hide again the columns.

Save the chart and the document , re-map the object inside the NPrinting template (right click on the table object, click on update) and and try again.

Hope this helps.

Andrea

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Andrea,

Thanks for your suggestion.

pgdavis2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thanks that solved my problem!

Andrea_Ghirardello

Great.

Please mark the answer as helpful or correct so other users may find it easily.

Best,

Andrea

pgdavis2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I "Liked" it.  Perhaps only the OP can mark is as Answered (?)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, guys,

Just mark it. Thanks