Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

activate a sheet within a sheet

In this demo that I saw online (attached), I saw that there are text objects "sales overview," "what-if?" and "order details" that activate sheets when clicked.

But these sheets appear to be on the same main sheet as sales analysis.  How is that being done?

Normally if I activate a sheet, it moves me to another tab in the qvw.  Thoughts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

There are three sheets having same documents and layout.... each having different SHEET ID.

You can see SHOW SHEET is having conditional Expression...

i.e. vSalesAnalysis=2

Also all three TEXT OBJECT are having same type of condition

Once you click on Order Details,

it will having a trigger which will make vSalesAnalysis = 3 and Activate SH14....

It's so simple at last but made very tricky using CONDITIONAL SHOW.....

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

These are not sheet, they are designed to appear like a sheet.

Its just an image and all other objects are activated or deactivated using the conditional show option.

How to check? - delete the buttons with the text and then right click and check the properties of the text object that bears the image.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

There are three sheets having same documents and layout.... each having different SHEET ID.

You can see SHOW SHEET is having conditional Expression...

i.e. vSalesAnalysis=2

Also all three TEXT OBJECT are having same type of condition

Once you click on Order Details,

it will having a trigger which will make vSalesAnalysis = 3 and Activate SH14....

It's so simple at last but made very tricky using CONDITIONAL SHOW.....

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Check enclosed file as an example

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

agreed... indeed its a smart way to do.

at my first impression thought this would be a conditional show option that the developer has used.

Yes, I am surprised.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you.  Once that point became clear, I was able to duplicate it in another qvw.  Thanks again.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

your example really helped me, but if it is 2 different sheets, then why can't I see them under VIEW->SHEETS and I see only one sheet?

also, in the Demo I couldn't find the this Actions as you did in your example.

Thanks,

Boris

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Check under....

Document Properties

Sheets...

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Also check, document properties, security, and then check "show all sheets and objects."