Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

activating a sheet based on the selection made on the dimension in the chart

Hi,

I have a requirement wherein there is a straight table chart with dimension called metric name when i click on the data  present in that column (say i click on metric_a)it shud take me to another sheet which has a text box with sum(value) for metric_a.similarly when i click on metric_b in the straight table of the 1st sheet it shud take take to another sheet which has a text box with sum(value) for metric_b.

I have attached the sample application.Please let me know how this could be acheived

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anushree

Use a Document [or Sheet] level Trigger:

Settings

Document Properties

Triggers

Field Event Triggers

Then set up as per your needs

Best Regards,     Bill

tresesco
MVP
MVP

May be like attached sample?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anushree,

If everytime after selecting a value in field "Metric", you want to land on the same sheet (The one which contains Sum) then you can use Actions/Triggers.

You can got to Settings--Document Propeerties--Triggers--Field Event Triggers (As Bill has mentioned in his answer)

Here you can add an action Onselect  & Onchange of the field.

Action Type : Layout

Action : Activate Sheet

You can tweak this logic per your needs.

Hope this helps!

Not applicable
Author

In the attachment put up you have hard coded the scenario as

=

If(Fields='Amount1', 'SH02',If(Fields='Amount2', 'SH03'))

So incase a new field called amount3 is added at the backend you will have to change the code to add it again.But I want this to be dynamic like when a field value is selected on the chart it should take to another sheet providing me with the detailed analysis.

But in the approach used here,if there 10 such fields we will have to put in a nested if and this goes on as the number increases.is there any other better turn around option for this?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try this one. You have to change the sheet names as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anushree

If there are backend changes, like say adding a new database column to be used as metric, then that by definition will require amending your qvw, especially the script.

Best Regards,     Bill

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

You could change the Sheet Id as your FieldValues. Then You can simply use =Fields

PFA

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the suggestion.But i have another constraint,as we have set these properties at document level this activation holds good for all the sheets.But i do have other sheets referencing to the same fields and when i click on them,i still navigate to the respective sheets, which should not happen so can we make this property to be valid only on particular sheet? and not apply to all of them