Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

after implement link table i get stuck

Hi All

i have learn QV thru this forum . and apply what i found new thing in there. untill recently i try to link all my table of cos with some expert help here. some how the link table make me realise my poor org of data model. so i am think to re-start my qv doc from zero. can some one advise me how is the correct approach ? or should i try to continous with existing doc and improve on it ? any advise.

2 Replies
Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi Paul,

Exactly, I learned QlikView from this community. When I get start, my data model very bad . And after join community serveral year, I got a lot of method from experts. Here is some question in my mind:

1. My data model is very bad. I need to re-structure it. How long I get this job done?

2. My design look very messy. I need to change it. It time to change now?

3. My App have very bad perfomance. It consume lots of memeory. Should I reduce some field and object?

My suggestion is start QlikView from scratch. As we know, we can develop QlikView in off line mode. So that you can take data into your your PC and start develop new App. Do it in silent and when done, we need compare new App with previous App. After everything work fine, then tell to your manager with couple reason and deploy new App.

Regards,

Sokkorn

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sok

Thank you very much for your good advise.

I will try to do it , hope this time i don't any how add field. and make the link table work from start.