Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

allow-forms permission is not set.

Hello, I am new to QLIK...  And I have searched for the answer to my question.

I am using the "web page viewer" extension to insert a simple PHP form into my QlikView page to collect actions for failed KPI's.  The PHP page is using a form of course and it works great in ie but I receive the an error in Chrome indicating

"Blocked form submission to 'http://xxxxxxxxxxx/rractions.php?id=1' because the form's frame is sandboxed and the 'allow-forms' permission is not set."

Researching this I understand I QlikView is using a sandbox attribute:

<iframe id="ifrm" sandbox="" frameborder="0" src="http://xxxxxxxxxx/rractions.php?id=1" style="width: 1507px; height: 500px;"></iframe>

Further research concluded using sandbox with no attribute provides the maximum security settings. 

Definition and Usage

The sandbox attribute enables an extra set of restrictions for the content in the iframe.

When the sandbox attribute is present, and it will:

• treat the content as being from a unique origin
  • block form submission
  • block script execution
  • disable APIs
  • prevent links from targeting other browsing contexts
  • prevent content from using plugins (through <embed>, <object>, <applet>, or other)
  • prevent the content to navigate its top-level browsing context
  • block automatically triggered features (such as automatically playing a video or automatically focusing a form control)

The value of the sandbox attribute can either be just sandbox (then all restrictions are applied), or a space-separated list of pre-defined values that will REMOVE the particular restrictions.

But, of course presents my issue.  Is there a way to enable forms and other attributes? 

I have thought of reversing the solution which would work, embedding QlikView into my PHP.  But that has a separate set of complications.  Thanks in advance for any reply.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello again,  I have answered my own question.   If you are interested, here is the solution.

To set the Sandbox attributes for any of the needed attributes, I located and modified the Script.js file int he extension.

Step by step:

Locate the WebPageViewer extension   mine was located at "\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects\QlikView\Examples"

Edit the Script.js file at line

el.setAttribute('sandbox', '');

Add the attribute you would like to include - Allow-Forms in my case

el.setAttribute('sandbox', 'allow-forms');

Save and you are set.

I hope this helps someone else out there.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hello again,  I have answered my own question.   If you are interested, here is the solution.

To set the Sandbox attributes for any of the needed attributes, I located and modified the Script.js file int he extension.

Step by step:

Locate the WebPageViewer extension   mine was located at "\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects\QlikView\Examples"

Edit the Script.js file at line

el.setAttribute('sandbox', '');

Add the attribute you would like to include - Allow-Forms in my case

el.setAttribute('sandbox', 'allow-forms');

Save and you are set.

I hope this helps someone else out there.