Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

always one selected value in multibox

hi

i created a text object which on pressing it, activates a multibox and activates a field value (using "select in field"). I always want to Keep the field selected, even if the user press the button "clear". Is there a way to Keep the field selected regardless the user pressing the clear button? like in the list box Option "always one selected value"

9 Replies
rsdhavle
Creator II
Creator II

Yes..Select one value from your multibox, Then go to properties of multibox then go to presentation tab, Select the field from which you want to keep one value selected and Check the option "Always One Selected Value"

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

thanks

a list box with the value i want to be selected (say "value1"), have it active, and hide the list box and activate the multibox on the same field, is this what you mean?

the user shall be able to press a visible button to Show and hide the multibox to make selections. Using the toggle list box hidden would not Show what i need

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

take a multibox select that value

take a list box  checkk always one value selected  then hide this list box using

List boxt properties->layout -> write 1=2

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
rsdhavle
Creator II
Creator II

Showing and hiding of multibox object you can control it by using text box as you mentioned. As you need one value always selected you can use properties of multibox for that as i have mentioned in above reply. Just check if that is solving your case

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

it is funny, i see the Option, but it is not activated when i select a field

rsdhavle
Creator II
Creator II

before going into properties you need to select value from a field in a multibox then that option will get activated for that field. For example. If you are trying to activate it For Field A..thane from multibox select one value for Field A. Keep it selected and then go to the properties you will see that option activated for you..

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

perfect, thanks

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

it worked; finally i use the Actions tab of my text box, set the following Actions:

set variable / to display-hide the multibox

activate object / pointing to the multibox object

select in field / selected the value of the field i determined

lock field / to lock the selected field

now , the field is lock and has the same effect as "one value always selected" with the difference that i do not Need to include that field in my multibox

thanks

felipe

Not applicable

Hi Felipe,

How I always do it is by adding a field to my front end. Select one of the values inside this field. Then I go right click > properties > Always One Selected Value. I then delete this List Box from the front end after I have done this.

This will work for you as well.