cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ask : different result between sql and qlikview

hello everyone

this is would be my first question using Qlikview,

i have one field called osarnpl in database, then i sum the number of the field like sum(osarnpl) = 23081.758529704901

but when i sum in qlikview the result seems so different like sum(osarnpl) = 2959.5923945

can anyone help me solve this problem ?

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

after i clean the synthetic table in qlikview, the result seems so accurate

thanks for help dude

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Is this a single table? Are you making any joins? Are you sure you are replicating what you do in th DB in Qlik??

Not applicable
Author

yes this is a single table, i have an sql view with the result stored to a table,

the countrows number have the same value between database and qlikview, but when i have the sum function, they show different result,

i have a table with 2865000 rowcounts, does this cause qlikview out of virtual memory?

i found a shyntetic table refers a date function (day,month,year) that i made from date field on the primary table, does this cause too?

thanks

Not applicable
Author

Very first thing I can think of is some selections might be on- you should make sure all selections are clear.

I would recomment loading just the entire table (row count doesnt matter). Just do a Select * from osarnpl;

Take off any other tables / joins. Save qvw and check for sum(osarnpl) in front end. It should definitely match SQL query sum. If it still doesn't. Do a pre-load as follows:

Load *, num(osarnpl) as osarnpl;

SQL

Select * from osarnpl;

and try again.

Hope this helps.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Can you attach the sample file with data.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

after i clean the synthetic table in qlikview, the result seems so accurate

thanks for help dude