Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

batch script and leasing licence from server

Hi,

I am testing the batch script to load my .qvd files and load the applications, its working fine, However i am facing with a problem, I am using a leased licence from the server and whenever I am running the batch file I need to manually press the continue key to lease the licence from the server and load the data. is there any workaround for the same.

Regards,

Kingshuk

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I've got the same problem.

In theory, you should open the QV client, and select 'Open in Server', connect to your server, select and open your document, and the client will then lease the license from the server. That should last for 30 days, before you need to repeat.

That's the theory. In practice it's not working for me. I'll let you know if/how this is resolved.

Not applicable
Author

Got it. You must have a CAL assigned to the user that is connecting to the server before it will lease.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adi,

I am able to lease the licence successfully, however when I am using the batch script thru windows schedular to schedule the data loads, I have to clik the Continue button to obtain the lease and I want to remove this dependency of Manual intervention.

Regards,

Kingshuk