Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

bechmarking analysis when enable scetion access

I have a question about section access, in following sceanrio:

say one sales ppl can see the data of his region if we enable section access, but how about if he asks for some benchmarking data of the whole country, that means some peer to peer benchmarking,  under section access, since he can not see other region's data, so we can not implement the benchmarking calculation.

I know we can have other aproach to achieve this, to prepare all regional level data first, then link those data to the model, however, this approach is not good enough due to flexibility.

do you guys know other better approach to do this, say is there good way to do this using section access

thanks

Roger

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Roger Shen wrote:

I know we can have other aproach to achieve this, to prepare all regional level data first, then link those data to the model, however, this approach is not good enough due to flexibility.

I guess you meant aggregating/calculating all regional data and then add them into the model so that it could be compared against individual regions. That is what comes in my mind too.. and you already thought of you..  Let's see if anybody else has a different idea.  However, I could not follow why this would be 'not good enough due to flexibility' .

Not applicable
Author

you are right, that is what I mean. when i say this approach is not flexible, I mean, it still so stupid to aggregating the regional data first, coz I believe  that Qlik should be flexible enough to handle this, and you see actually the application already has everything in its data set behind, why we need to do prepare addtional data again to do the benchmarking.

when i say it is not flexible, because it requires to prepare aggregating data first, but in fact, the benchmarking is quite flexible, there may have peer to peer comp, or comp to the average of the total, or just comp to the top n% of the total, therefore I have to prepare more aggregating data at first....

What i am thinking is : could we do it like this by changing the behavior of section access, (not sure if qlik can do this by design)

:

when section access enabled, do not reduce the data when open the application, just hide them from interface, while still can access them only using special formulae say set anlysis formula, coz those formulae is only created by developer (admin), and the user does  not allowed to create or modify the formuale, so there should be no impact to data security.

avinashelite

Hi Roger,

I feel your approach is the best to deal with this, since section access in enabled you cannot do the aggr on fly .