cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

bilingual QV application

Hi,

I'd like to create a bilingual QV application with the possibility to switch from Russian to English.

So I'd like to make all values in all the fields bilingual.

Example:

There's a fields 'Brands'. I'd like it to remain a single field, but I need all values in the field to have both Russian and English title.

Is it possible to create a bilingual field while loading the data and then be able to get either English or Russian title while operating on the forefront?

Thank you in advance,

Larisa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here's a blog post that covers translations that I've used previously

https://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2012/11/30/handling-multiple-languages

I believe you want scenario 2. You'll essentially have to create a mapping table with the translated values and map them to your data model.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Larisa,

QV cannot translate actual data, but if a translation exists in your tables you can create a button to switch between the languages

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It's clear.

The question is a bit different. Let's say that there's variable 'vLanguage' in my application with possible values 'Eng', 'Rus'.

Suppose, a user has selected 5 brands (in the Field 'Brand' in Russian), dispayed them on a chart and then switched to English by the means of the variable 'vLanguage'.

I want QlikView to automatically replace 5 selected Russian titles to the corresponding English ones.

Can I prepare my source data (the data model) so that it could be possible?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here's a blog post that covers translations that I've used previously

https://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2012/11/30/handling-multiple-languages

I believe you want scenario 2. You'll essentially have to create a mapping table with the translated values and map them to your data model.

marcus_sommer

Have a look here: Handling Multiple Languages.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you!