Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

bookmarks

created a two bookmarks in a sheet and taken four buttons . when i selecting my slider positions and saving it is not displaying the position of slider which i selected before saving, if i selecting a value in listbox it is saving and retrieving

first bookmark id =group3,

first button= i have added an action "Replace" -->bookmark id=group3,

secondbutton= i have added on action "clear all" and

"ApplyBookmark"-->bookmark id=group3

secondbookmark id =group4,

thirdbutton= i have added an action "Replace" -->bookmark id=group4,

fourthbutton= i have added on action "clear all" and

"ApplyBookmark"-->bookmark id=group4

can anyone explain what mistake i had done in this.

Thnks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Go to the Settings menu, Variables tab. Select the variable you want to keep in your bookmark and tick the "Include in Bookmarks" checkbox.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

If the slider is using a variable instead of a field, then the variable values will not be saved in the bookmark. Is that what is happening to you?

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Yes Miguel.

In my sliders i using a variables not using fields. Is there any other solutions to this?

Thnks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Go to the Settings menu, Variables tab. Select the variable you want to keep in your bookmark and tick the "Include in Bookmarks" checkbox.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

How can i get the bookmarks applied for one sheet into other sheet.

Consider,

In my Sheet1 having 4 buttons; CreateG1, RetrieveG1, CreateG2, RetrieveG2.

| | | |

ApplyBookmark RetrieveBM Apply BM Retrieve BM.

In my Sheet2 also same as sheet1.

Here my requirement is when i set my Sheet1 as bookmark by clicking on CreateG1,

In Sheet2 if i clik on RetrieveG1 then it should display the bookmark of Sheet1 in Sheet2.

you are the one replies exact answer that what i ask on bookmarks.

Thnks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

It depends on how you have coded this functions, but a bookmark is always document-wise, meaning that any bookmark can be applied in any sheet and it will affect the corresponding fields.

As far as I understand, you have on bookmark that may be applied in Sheet1 or Sheet2 (currently only in Sheet1), and you do so via buttons. So mainly, copying those buttons from Sheet1 to Sheet2 should have the same effect in Sheet2, taking the same bookmark and applying it to the objects you are displaying in Sheet2.

Is that correct?

Not applicable
Author

yes miguel,

i want sheet2 to be effect with the same changes what occured in sheet1.

How can i work on that

Thnks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

As I mentioned above, just copy the buttons in Sheet1 to Sheet2. Clicn on them and make sure it results as expected.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

hi,

I had done same thing what you said to make a copy of button.

Once can you screenshots of sheet1 and sheet2. Is there any changes should done for this type of sheets. In this sheets i am using groups for selecting different variables.