Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shinigaloo
Contributor III
Contributor III

calculated dimension applied to a drill down dimension

Hello all,

Is it possible to use a calculated dimension to a drill down group?

i have a drill down group called [Device] , this later contains 2 dimensions : [Category] AND [Model]( seee attached png)

Now once i click on one category A , i acces to the details of this category A ==> [Model AA ], [Model BB  ], [Model CC]

Adress Mac |Category|Model|Date|ID_eqt

ggjjcategory Amodel AA02/02/2020123456
ggjjcategory Amodel BB05/02/2020123456
ggjjcategory Amodel CC08/02/2020123456
ggjjcategory Amodel DD10/02/2020123456

now what i want to have in my bar chart , once i click on category A, i will have only model DD , it means the last occurence of model in a given periode

Or when i i use only a drill down group in its simple way , i got 4 model for category A

Question : i dont know how to resolve this , should i use a calculated dimension to show the specific model thinking the measures would sum for this model  but that doesn't seem to be working , or that i should do a it an expression

as i said i want to display the result in a bar chart

can anyone help me , it's very urgent

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
edwin
Master II
Master II

it sounds like depending on selection you want a different aggregation.  maybe you can create two expressions, one expression is active when no category is selected then use the other expression when 1 category is selected.  in that expression you aggregate by Model

View solution in original post

3 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

it sounds like depending on selection you want a different aggregation.  maybe you can create two expressions, one expression is active when no category is selected then use the other expression when 1 category is selected.  in that expression you aggregate by Model

Kushal_Chawda

@Shinigaloo  what is the measure in chart?

Lorenzaa
Contributor
Contributor

When you drill down on a measure in a report with at least one By and one Across dimension field from different root dimensions, the By fields are broken down to their last dimension level, then the Across fields are broken down. The original By and Across fields are removed.