Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

can't load data from Apache Drill ODBC source

Hi all,

I have setup an ODBC driver to connect to Apache Drill 0.6 on a Hadoop cluster.

The driver works well and, from Microsoft query, I can generate and execute a statement like :

SELECT cac_date_cours FROM `hive.default`.cours_cac2

in QlikView, if I select the same ODBC driver, the connection test is fine, and when I generate a statement through the "Select" button,  from the "Edit Script" window, the generated statement looks like

SQL SELECT `cac_date_cours` FROM `hive.default`.`cours_cac2`;

which puts extra backquotes on column and table names but is correct.

When I hit the LOAD button, I get an S1010 ODBC Function Sequence error.

If I remove the backquotes to have a similar syntax as in Microsoft query, the error is the same

Since the statement works from MS Query and also from the "Drill explorer" utility, I suspect QlikView to be faulty and maybe rewrite the statement in some way before calling the ODBC driver. Has anyone managed to load data in QlikView from a Drill datasource ? I'd like some input to make it work.

Thanks

Philippe

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mr Philippe ,

I will suggest this is common drill error with qliksense. If you are connecting to HDFS then check in drill explorer(available in DataScources odbc -> systmedsn ->select particular drill driver -> Configure -> Drill explorer) for that particular file available in dfs.default file from drop down box(If file is available in HDFS). Now check for that particular file from dfs.Default ,selects it and generates the SQL query for that file.

Now create the connection in Qliksense  Data load script and paste that query. Execute the data load scipt in debug mode. Data will be loaded. If not loading data please do it for multiple times drill connection sometimes gives connection error file not exist . Keep it in mind do not give any extra space anywhere in query otherwise drill give you error.

Thanks,

Bibhuti

Not applicable
Author

Try to set system parameter for single quote.

SET DirectIdentifierQuoteChar="`"

Using Qlik Sense with Drill - Apache Drill