Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

combo chart

Hi everybody,

I try do build a combo graph (useless information... it's in the title...) with 2 dimensions and 2 metrics. The point is : I don't want aggregate my metrics.

I did an example. I would like make the target1 graph, more properly than I did. (I overlaid 2 graphs, but it's really a bad way to do that, It's really tricky to maintain. )

Bonus question: it will be perfect if we can find a way to stacked the bar metric, but this option is not available.

But in the Manual it's write " Chart Subtype :In this group it is possible to choose between Grouped  and  Stacked mode, provided that the chart has exactly two dimensions or exactly two dimensions but more than one expression.

Negative values in stacked combos are stacked separately downwards below the x-axis"

My graph has 2 dimensions and more tha one expression.... so I don't understand why that happen.

Someone could help me?

Thanks.

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In found a solution to display the same information with a trellis. Infortunately, it's not loot like that it should. Some one have a better idea?

Thanks by advance

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You will need to do some customization to achieve this.

Please find the attached example, which should solve your concern.

hope it helps you.

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Hi Eva

If i understand well you would like to compare the 2 metrics for each year and country.

I suggest to use a crosstable  function to create a new field call Metric.

Look at the attachment

JJ

Not applicable
Author

Also,

You can hide years shown as legend on x-axis, if you want.

Just go to dimensions tab and select year dimension and uncheck show legend.

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Hi Guys!!! Thanks a lot for your answer!!! I really appreciate.

For the Ashutosh Paliwal solution, My issue it's if I duplicate the metrics, I need to maintain that each year. I have many cases like that and the previous developper did that... we need add 1 metric for each new line in the dimension... We can't maintain that.

For The Jean-Jacques solution. It's really close to I need display, I just need to display on in line and he other on in bar. (Merci beaucoup de vous interesser au probleme)

Not applicable
Author

its good that you found your solution

I just saw your target chart that you had put there, so I replicated that. I did not know that you already had it.

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

and to show different lines for every year, you will need to make different expressions. or you will not be able to have a cmbo of the bar and trend charts.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, but I have also that for another Chart... with product... and I can't ad a metric for each new product...