Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriscools
Creator II
Creator II

compare sales on basecollection, but that basecollection changed through time

Hello,

i have an issue to make some historical analysis.

I need to make comparison between different salesseasons.

And 2 of the comparisons i need to make is how our base collection is performing in the different seasons and the same for the top100 selling products.

The articles that are in the current basecollection and top 100 are marked as such in the articles dimension table so that's not a problem. But this season there are articles in the base collection that weren't last season and vice versa.

And i need to compare the total of the basecollection as it was previous season to what the total of the basecollection is this season.

But i don't have an idea how to proceed to make this possible.

I have a table where i have stored for each season per reference if an article was in the basecollection or not, in top 100 or not.

But i can't figure out how to match that saleslines between date X and date Y should be linked to  a certain season.

And even when that link was made  i can't figure out how to make it dynamic that depending on the saleslines that are selected (and the season they belong to) that when basecollection is a dimension that it takes the basecollection from that perticular season.

Any thoughts to get me started?

thanx!

Chris

1 Reply
Martijn_W
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi there,

Can you share some examples of the data you're working with, as well as an example of what the end result should be?