Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

competition

Is Tableau is the main competitor of qlikview?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Depends on the value proposition....The BI industry sees tableau and spotfire as promoting business discovery solutions that compete with qlikview.... QlikView, however has key value propositions against these solutions which is why they are the market leader by far in this segment... These include simplicity, ease of use, ease of development, access to transactional data

View solution in original post

6 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

see attachment

Not applicable
Author

Depends on the value proposition....The BI industry sees tableau and spotfire as promoting business discovery solutions that compete with qlikview.... QlikView, however has key value propositions against these solutions which is why they are the market leader by far in this segment... These include simplicity, ease of use, ease of development, access to transactional data

advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Dhanraj,

Your question is obvious in today's cut-throat market but I would like to say, it's not a competition, it's what you need and how the software suffice your needs. If your needs are suffice by either QlikView or Tableau, eventually you will rate any of the product at top spot. One has to actively reached out what we purchased to make sure we are/were getting value from the software. I have spent years in BI industry with products not only like QlikView but also SAP BO, OBIEE, MicroStrategy and few more, out of which market now ONLY talks about QlikView & Tableau.

Tableau was (is) a great solution for situation, but you want to evaluate your cost trade offs, deployment time, performance capability, simplicity for business users, user friendly, scalabilty, need of ETL and many other factors. It has many criteria to consider and a summary of features/functionality's.

QlikView is (will) be always a great solution for any situation, QlikView is a product which leads is many aspects to consider for majority of companies in market, few of them product quality, inclination to purchase, total cost of ownership, satisfaction and Return on Investment.

Regards

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/
Not applicable
Author

True, it depends but i would that Tableau is our main competitor as the visualization is the key feature,

Not applicable
Author

Now the industry need analysis and certainly QlIK, Tableau, Spotfire maybe are the best.

Also we use the  ROI as well, see qlik ROI Calculator.

When evaluation comes in, the users will look for competitive info and this is one of the fundamental criteria among others.

advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Dhanraj,

For your reference I am attaching the ROI calculator sheet for QlikView.

Please have a look into it, I hope this is informative and helpful to you.

Regards

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/