Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

conditional hide straight table and list boxes

Hi, I wanted to set a conditional expression to only show straight tables and list boxes let's say if the current selections are for current quarter and weeks range from week 1 thru week 4 of the quarter. ( I have a flag that counts the weeks in the quarter). Also, I am using this on a different state (Alternate states) within the dashboard. Any help is greatly appreciated.

14 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Hi - i altered the conditional show hide expression to this:

only(  {B} Curr_Qtr_Flag) = 'Y'  and concat( {B} distinct Wk_in_FQ ,';') = '1;2;3;4'

only(  {B} Curr_Qtr_Flag) = 'Y'  --->  means that the only possible value for Curr_Qtr_Flg in the current selections for the Alternate State 'B' is 'Y' .  Looing at the screenshot below , the Curr_Qtr_Flag list box shows Y as the only value that is green or white so this is TRUE

concat( {B} distinct Wk_in_FQ ,';') = '1;2;3;4'  --> Means that the only possible values for Wk_in_FQ in the current selections for the alternate state 'B' is  1,2,3 and 4.  The concat() function lists all the possible values with a delimitter. In my case the delimitter is ';'.  If i add a distinct it will only list one instance of the value. So below i have selected only 1,2,3, and 4 (green or white) and that means this will evaluate to 1;2;3;4  or TRUE

Capture.PNG.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you! That was helpful, and if i need to change the conditions to include other weeks, i'd just need to extend it beyond 4, correct? Also, how'd i hide the list boxes for the curr_qtr_flag and wk in qtr based on the same logic?

Thanks again for your time and help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Actually, if let's say user selects week 1-3, the table would be hidden too. I'd like to show the table for week in qtr in the range from 1-4. I tried removing distinct in the expression but it still goes into hidden mode.

Thanks!

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

This will work as an updated expression. If they select any combination of 1,2,3, and 4 it will show.

If they select any combination of 1,2,3 and 4  AND a higher wk it will NOT show.

Is that right ?  If you want to show it as long as one of the selected weeks is <=4 then switch the 'max' to a 'min' below.

only(  {B} Curr_Qtr_Flag) = 'Y'

and

max( Wk_in_FQ) <= 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you!