Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

custom legend

Hi,

I have to show custom legends, is it possible?

e.g. based on my data I am getting only 2 legends, usually there are other legends in master table. how to show those as well.

Legend1, - data exist and showing in dashboard

Legend2, - data exist and showing in dashboard

Legend3, NO data exist,

Legend4

I have to add Legend3, Legend4 even no data.

7 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Can you please explain little more... quite difficult to understand from this question and explanation...!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Manish,

current graph showing some legend values only. I want to show all possible values in the legend even my data table dont those values.

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

ANy help.

Not applicable
Author

Hi ALl,

Any updates, Can we have custom legends. I want to add some more legends to existing.

e.g.

for that I want to add 'Not Started' & 'Unknown'.

How do I do it?

Not applicable
Author

Hi ALl,

Any updates, Can we have custom legends. I want to add some more legends to existing.

e.g.

for that I want to add 'Not Started' & 'Unknown'.

How do I do it?

Not applicable
Author

Attached is what I believe you are tying to do.

Key Features

• Load the project status records first, add a dummy field that is just the number 1 to each record for later use
  • Load a dummy record for each possible status value, with a dummy field value of 0 AND the NOT EXISTS(Status) condition
    • This will load a dummy record for only those status values not in your real data
  • Create a bar graph with your expression as sum(Dummy)
    • Color the expression background  the RGB values you want for each status value
    • Make sure to suppress zero value bars
  • Create a straight table with status and sum(Dummy)
    • Color the expression background the RGB values you want for each status value
    • Color the expression text with the same colors as the background if you don't want to see the counts
    • Make sure to NOT suppress zero value rows

The color stuff is to guarantee the two objects stay in sync with the colors.  Otherwise when you load new data the colors could change.  I just would not trust "persistent colors" to work in all cases with mutliple objects.

Not applicable
Author

Could you post some sample data??