Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

customizing pop up labels

Hi everyone,

I'd like to ask you about pop up labels. Do you know is there any option to edit the background color, font, font color etc? Maybe with some macro or some settings? Please let me know if there is any option to customize it.

Thank you in advance,

Bartek

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bartosz,

Go to Settings....Document Properties...General tab.  There are two buttons, Help Pop-ups and Alert Pop-ups. You can make your modification through those.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Frank,

I tried that but still when I hover over the chart i got the same pop ups. The only difference I discovered is that help text from chart is modified and that's good but I need to edit pop up label also. Do you know how to do it?

Regads,

Bartek

Not applicable
Author

I have loaded an inline table with two columns:

LOAD * INLINE [
Field Name, Field Description
  G/L Account, The genreral ledger account number that the transaction is being expensed to.
Check Number, The sequential check number that the check/ACH payment is designated to.
Line Number, The co/cc/gl # line or lines that a particular invoice or expense report consists of
  Voucher Number, A 0-7 series of sequential numbers either assigned by an AP associate or automatically assigned.
Vendor Number, A six digit numeric code assigned to a vendor.
Vendor Name, Name of the vendor that is to be paid.
]
;

Then I create a text object. It is transparent. Then on the caption tab in the properties I enter a formula into the Help Text expression.

=fieldvalue('Field Description',fieldindex('Field Name', 'G/L Account'))

This gets tricky because you need to properly size the text object and since it is transparent, you need to remember where it is.

Not applicable
Author

Then Move the text box where you would like to message to pop up.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Frank,

I have one question, In such case how to get this pop-Up as ANNOTATION.

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Not applicable
Author

Hi Frank,

Not everything is clear for me in this case. What do I have to do with a text object? What will be my pop up? This text object or a help text from chart? What is going to trigger a pop up? Hover over the chart or clicking on help text icon or on values in chart or anything else?

Regards,

Bartek

Not applicable
Author

Very simply, Create a text object.

Change the help pop up message to what you want it to say.

Put the text object on top of what you want to pop up

Make it totally transparent !

I have created an example app but do not know how to attach it anymore.

Not applicable
Author

Here is a step by step way to do it.

Create a text object

in the properties under the general tab, enter your name into the text.

click OK

Now create a second text object

do not enter any text into it.

go to the caption tab and under the help pop up enter "This is my name"

Click OK

hover over the text object to see the help message

try to size the second text object to be the same size as your name in the first text object

move the second text object in front of the second text object.

go to the properties of the second text object and make transparency 100%

click OK

hover the cursor over your name.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Frank,

Regarding how to attach your file...

1) When you click on Reply, on top right hand of the box you will see "Use advanced editor" and click on it.

2) Now at the bottom right hand corner click on "Attach"

and then select your file to upload.

Hope this helps...