Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

cut off Chart labels

Any ideas how to fix the dimension labels at the bottom of this chart so they do not get cut off? I've tried reducing the font, making the space bigger...

If I make the labels horizontal they overlap each other and the staggering option is not visually ideal. This seems to happen at random on different charts.

error loading image

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

The only way I've found to do this is to reduce the amount of space that the chart itself takes up within the whole box, you can do this by ensuring you have focus on that chart (single click in the caption area) then press CTRL-SHIFT and hold that combination down. When you do this you will see red lines around the chart areas, you can then grab the bottom of the chart area and drag it up, therefore providing more room for the axis labels to fit in.

Cheers,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jenson,

You can reduce the label length by going into the presentation tab of the chart properties window and then select the limit legends check box and then specify the number of character you need to present in the axis of the chart. Even after doing this if you are not able to get the chart right, increase the height and width of the chart and then press Contol+Shift and increase the chart size by dragging it down. I hope tis helps you and you will get to your solution.

Thanks Joseph.............