Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

date format questions

Hi,

I have a few questions about the date format set in the number presentation tab of a chart properties dialog.

I read the documentation but didn't find a full reference of the formatting of date and time values.

As far as i understand, there are only those ones:

DATE :

y or Y : writes the year number with 2 characters

X times y or Y : writes the year number with X characters (adding leading zeros if required)

M : writes the month number with 1 or 2 characters

MM : writes the month number with 2 characters (adding leading zeros if required)

MMM : writes the month short name

X times d or D : writes the day number with X characters (adding leading zeros if required)

TIME :

X times h or H : writes the hour with X characters (adding leading zeros if required)

X times m : writes the minutes with X characters (adding leading zeros if required)

X times s or S : writes the seconds with X characters (adding leading zeros if required)

X times f or F : writes the X most significant digits of the fraction of second

Did I forget one or is that all ?

My questions are :

- is there really NO difference between the upper and lower case letters except for m(inute)/M(onth) ?

- is there a way to output the name of day (ie. "monday"...) with a format string ?

- Using a macro, is there a way to know which radio button is checked in the number format tab of an expression used in a chart ? I used the IFieldAttributes NumberPresentation properties of the expression to get the format string, but I didn't find a way to know the meaning of the string (is it a number or a date ?) ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Regarding the day name you can use WWW for short day name and WWWW for long day name

rgds

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Regarding the day name you can use WWW for short day name and WWWW for long day name

rgds

prieper
Master II
Master II

Think that there was an issue with "H" as well compared with "h".

Peter