Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qvraj123
Creator II
Creator II

diff between dimension limits and rank - largest 10 and rank - see the difference numbers

hi , thanks for your time

I have the below scenario where i am trying to get the top - to test if the expression is working fine i tried to use the dimension limits with largest 10 and i see the difference in rank and the dim limits -

Capture123.PNG

I have the following dimension and the expressions in 2 diff straight tables

st table with dim limits for largest 10

Dimension -

=IF(not ISNULL([Analyst Name]),[Analyst Name],'Exclude Null')

Expression

AGGR(
Sum(if(not isnull( [Analyst Name] ) and Action='Opened Report' and REDUCTION='EQUITY',ReadCounter,0)),[Analyst Name]
)

st table with RANK function

dimension -

=IF(not ISNULL([Analyst Name]),[Analyst Name],'Exclude Null')

Expression -

=IF(AGGR(Rank(Sum({< [Analyst Name] -= {"=isnull([Analyst Name])" }, REDUCTION = {"EQUITY"}, Action={'Opened Report'} >} ReadCounter),4), [Analyst Name]) <=10,

Sum({< [Analyst Name] -= {"=isnull([Analyst Name])" }, REDUCTION = {"EQUITY"}, Action={"Opened Report"} >} ReadCounter),

)

if i look at the both numbers i thought i would get the same numbers but there is a difference

what could be the reasons - just suggestions on what to look for - really appreciate your time

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Support (Former)
Support (Former)

In this case it will likely help if you attach a small sample app with the data model and some data etc., so folks can actually dig into everything more easily to try to help you.

The only other thing I can suggest is checking the Design Blog area on the Community to see if any of the posts there may help get you on the right track:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.