cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robmarr789
Contributor
Contributor

dynamic scale axis and change increments

Can someone show me on the attached how I can set the y axis to start at the lowest value of any of the bars - 10 (i.e. 62-10 = 52) and to stop at the highest of any of the bars (536). 

The lowest and highest values will change all the time so I want the scale to adjust accordingly automatically.

I also want the increments to go up in 25's rather than 100's.

If you could demonstrate on the attached it would be a big help.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

To begin with you should never do this with a bar chart. You'll create a bar chart that lies. It deceives people because the bar lengths don't represent the relative differences between the values (the bar lengths) anymore. You should really only do this with line charts. Bars should always start at zero. The length of the bar should correspond with it's value. If you cut of parts then it won't.

So I'll show you how to do it with a line chart. See attached qvw

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Which bars? I only see lines in the single line chart that's in the document you posted.

robmarr789
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sorry wrong attachment, try now!
Gysbert_Wassenaar

To begin with you should never do this with a bar chart. You'll create a bar chart that lies. It deceives people because the bar lengths don't represent the relative differences between the values (the bar lengths) anymore. You should really only do this with line charts. Bars should always start at zero. The length of the bar should correspond with it's value. If you cut of parts then it won't.

So I'll show you how to do it with a line chart. See attached qvw

RyanPrasad
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there. Do you know how to get dynamic scaling for qliksense desktop version? Thanks!