Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

error massage if no data available

I built a table-box and some boxes where you can select the datas, which should be shown in the table box. How can I create an error massage which is shown if no datas are available to be shown in this table-box?

Tanks for your help...

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This can be achieved by changing the Error Message settings in the charts.

you can see in attached application, i have given a calculation condition. if that fails, i changed my default Error Msg settings to "No Data to Display".

To change Error Message, Go to Properties ---> Error Msg ---> Custom Error Msg . Type your custom msg.

Try to select 'CompanyZ' in my attached application from Company_Name list box.

Good Luck Yes

Regards

Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, this doest work.

I have selected a moth in a multibox, where no datas belong to. But in the table-box i see no error massage. There are only diplayed the headlines and no datas.

The difference to my file is, that the fields of the multi-boxes are other fields than in die tablebox is diplayed.

For example:

In the multi-boxes i can choose year and month. And in the tablebox are diplayed the products which have been sold in the chosen moths. If in one moth no products have been sold, the error-massage should be shown.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Check the attached application now .

I have used multi box, table box as per requirement.

Its working for me.

Still you have any doubts, can you post some sample of data with description. so tat it would be easy to suggest.

Regards

Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Sry check this attachment. Geeked

- Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, its working now:-)

Not applicable
Author

Hey,

Sorry about bumping a 3 month old post.

I'm trying to replace the error message "No data to display" with a custom message.

I've tried the answers in this thread and they have worked exactly as described but the problem I'm having is that my bar chart uses a group of expressions which includes multiple expressions to switch between, and if i use conditional calculations to replace the error message it stops me switching views in my bar chart due to the fact that not every expression is accounted for.

Is there any other methods to replace that message when using multiple expressions?

Here is a bit of information on what i'm trying to do.

the bar graph displays Count(Issues) and Sum(Cost) as expressions you can switch between the two by clicking on the switch expressions button on the chart, When the Sum(Cost) = 0 i want to display a custom error message and still have the ability to switch the view back to the Count(Issues) view.

Any help would be appreciated