Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericmkyeung
Contributor II
Contributor II

fail to use ODBC

Would like to use SQL load in QV (Ver 12) but nothing to show after click 'ODBC' connect button even  force 32bit.

please help~

I added User DSN already:

ericmkyeung_0-1638500914991.png

none of User DSN can be show:

ericmkyeung_1-1638500956628.png

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Did it work before with an older release? Or for another user? Any changes in regard to the OS?

If it's the first attempt to use an ODBC I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't the wanted ODBC driver installed. That you see entries within ODBC manager doesn't mean mandatory that they are really installed, for example a current MS Office installation doesn't installed the ODBC driver (AFAIK unless it's a msi-package installation). In this case you will need to install the ODBC afterwards.

- Marcus

ericmkyeung
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Marcus.

it works before and i think the driver has been installed. any idea i can double check? many thanks!

ericmkyeung_0-1638756701368.png

marcus_sommer

You mean in QV11 it worked on the same machine, the same OS and the same Users and after the QlikView upgrade to QV 12 it didn't work anymore? What happens if you tries to run an query with an older connection-string respectively to use it for a new query - bypassing on this way the wizard?

- Marcus