Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rathnam_qv
Creator
Creator

getting Database into qlikview

hi all,

when i am connecting to database through qlikview it's not showing that particular database,,how to add that...

can any one help me ...it's urgent

Thanks in advance!!!

Smiley

7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Which database? for ODBC/OLEDB, you have to create a connection first(Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Data Sources(ODBC)...), once that is created properly, that should be visible there in QV connection.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Simley

This could be due to the user does not have permission on that particular database.

Please provide the following details to be able to help you more :

1 - Database

2 - Version

3 - OLEDB or ODBC?

Regards

MultiView

rathnam_qv
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Multiview,

i am using DB2...in that DDV01SBX is a data source...

when i am trying to connect to that Data source through ODBC..it's not presented in the list...

how to add the DDV01SBX data source to that...(i am selecting ODBC...then Clicking on Connect...then it wl display no.of Data Sources...in the list DDV01SBx is not there..)

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

You can use ODBC to connect to db2 ... and for the select ,... is pretty much the standard way of doing it... http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/idm/v2r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.datatools.sqlbuilder.tuto... regards. siva

rathnam_qv
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi

can u send me the steps...how to create it

Thanks in advance!!!!

Smiley

peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Check if you installed the odbc driver correctly and the dsn is present.

On Windows in administrative tools --> odbc data sources (might be a little different depending on win version)

You need local admin rights to install the odbc driver(I needed it..).

Anonymous
Not applicable

DB2 ODBC driver wont be found on Windows by default. You may need to install it. Test installing the DB2 client on your local machine before installing on the Server. Also check the compatibility of the driver with your operating system.

Please follow the steps below to :

1 - Install the client

2 - Configure it

http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/How_To/Creating-a-connection-to-IBM-DB2

If you are still not able to see your database using the username and password, then you may need to contact the DBA in your company and explain that you do not have permission to that database.

NB: You may need to create System DSN on the server, so that any user who connects to the server could see use the same.

I hope this helps!

Regards

MultiView