Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

getting a drilldown of data from pivot table

Hi All,

I have a pivot table from which i need to get a drilldown of data, in a way, similar to that in excel.

In excel when you double click on a cell another page with the all the data appears, i need to do something similar in Qlikview.

Can someone help me work this one through?

Will I need to create another pivot or straight table and link it to the existing one so that selecting/clicking on any cell gives me a drilldown?

Please help.

Thanks & Kind Regards,

6 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can develop quite a few interfases to navigate through the data in QlikView. In this case, have to tried creating a dimensions group that is a Drill-down group?

If you want something more sophisticated, you can make an action that is triggered when you select a certain field. The action can verify that you only have 1 value selected, lock the selection and then send you to a different sheet with more detailed reports.

Or what else do you have in mind?

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for you reply.

An action triggered when selecting a certain field would be preferable.

Could you walk me through this please?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In QV, there is a feature called "Drill down charts".

If you are not aware how to do that, please share sample QV database.

I will do it in that and give you explanation so that its more clear.

Happy Thoughts

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ravi,

The qlikview application I'm operating on is connected to my company server. So sending a sample is a bit difficult if you could try to explain it through the forum, it would be much appreciated.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ravi,

I am attaching a qlikview file.

[View:http://community.qlik.com/members/msadrikhcb/files/QV-problem.qvw.aspx:550:0]

Kind Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karl, I am looking to do this exact thing. Are you willing to expand on how to " make an action that is triggered when you select a certain field. The action can verify that you only have 1 value selected, lock the selection and then send you to a different sheet with more detailed reports."

Like OP, I want to double-click on a cell in my pivot table in QlikView, and then I want those selections to be drilled down into from another table, if that makes sense. Excel has this capibility, and I'm sure there's a way to do this in QV.

Thanks!