Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

getting a more flat search

We are using QlikView for the web and have a search for 4 selected fields, but as we are typing in our search it pops below a list of results filtered by the different fields. In the head of the field it has a super small collapse button by each that is not really feasible for touch devices. So... we were hoping that there is a way to take out the fields and just show all the results in one big list as they are typing... or possibly make it so anywhere they click on that line would collapse it, not just that tiny "-" in the button.

On a side issue, whenever I drag my thumb to scroll up or down (mobile device) it closes the auto-complete dropdown from the search, if you know of a way for it not to do that, that would be helpful!

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

in the presentation tab of search object properties, you can specify how many results can be shown before they are collapsed for a field. did you try making it a very high number, say 50 or 100?

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the quick response! I will talk with our client and see if that is sufficient, the frustration is if anyone clicks on one of the category headings, it doesn't collapse and expand the category like I would think, only that tiny button does that, but it DOES close the drop down. At least through div integration. So getting rid of the category headings is ideal, but this is way better than it was.