Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

getting dynamic values in the chart

getting the dynamic values ,in the chart ,as the data comes on every monday of the week,how to update or write a code according to that.

9 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think I don't understand your request.

If you want to refresh your data, in general you need to do a (partial or full) reload, using the reload functionality of your desktop client or server. This executes the script, retrieving new data from your sources, updates the data model, so you can then access the new data in your charts.

Not applicable
Author

currently am doing the development for the same ,so need some direction for starting up like building up the data model an then getting the dynamic values in the chart.

PrashantSangle

Hi,

You need to reload your data using reload functionality.

You can acheive this by QlikView Management Console

or

Create Batch file and execute your batch file on every Monday or Tuesday.

How to reload your dashboard using QMC or Batch file search on Community you will get desired solution.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

istead of loading data from the excel file mentioning the hardcoded path as (c://qlikview ...........) etc

it has to be dynamic

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I would suggest that you do the tutorial, attend a developer course or read some of the recommended books like 'QV11 for developers' by Garcia & Harmsen, which covers all basics.

There are also a lot of useful blogs and documents here in the forum, start with the blog by Henric Cronstroem and maybe

Get started with developing qlik datamodels

The information you have provided so far about your setting and requirements is far too few to enable us to help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Shivali your qtn is not clear .. Can you elaborate.

Give some example.

Thanks

BKC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you want to load your files from a particular location or you want to use some variable to define path .. Plz explain .

Thanks

BKC

Not applicable
Author

my requirement is:

we have some excel files(which are stored on a sharepoint site) genearted on every monday of the week by running some backend query,but currently we are trying that if we could generate those reports in qlikview so need to write the logic for this as ,it should take the latest file append with the old data  and genearte the report in qlikview

Not applicable
Author

looking forward for the response.