Did you mean: 
satishqlik
Creator II
Creator II

help

Need help on the below expression

am reviewing the dashboard

I have seen many of expressions as same like this depend on the Object ID

I don't understand what exactly it does.can someone help me on this???

=$(=MaxString({<ObjID = {'CH1573'}>}Expression1))

and 2nd expression as follows

=$(=MaxString({<ObjID = {'CH1573'}>}Expression2))

5 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

In field Expression1/Expression2 for value Object ID= CH1573 returns the last text value in the text sorting order, otherwise NULL is returned (NULL if the value does not contain a test or numbers).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Satish,

MaxString() finds string values in the expression or field and returns the last text value in the text sort order.

This formula model has variables in it.

A variable is like a code you write to rename an expression. Like instead of saying 8x5 every time i call it $(vWorkingHours). Every time you see this variable, run it or call it, it would calculate 8x5.

Your expression is saying:

-Go to ObjID: CH1573

- Find the string values in $(Expresion1) and return the last text value in the text sort order

Hope this makes sense.

satishqlik
Creator II
Creator II
Author

That would be great help If you can explain in more detail.

I have already find out with other sources but not worked.That's why I posted in community.

Thanks in advance!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Satish,

The problem is there is nothing for us to see. It would help if we saw something or you could tell us as to why you want to know what it means. Is it broken? Does it not produce any results? Are you to change it and what do you want to change it to.

With BI, usually our answers lie within our problems. My advice would be to focus on what the Problem is and to resolve it as there are many ways to get the same result. It does not have to be this formula/expression alone, we can always use other basic ways to calculate. it is either that or a sample workbook.

Hope this makes sense.