Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

hidding expression?

hi,

i have a quastion about possibilty to hide some expressions that i dont need to see in my chart.

for example in my chart i have two dimensions and 10 expressions(for example one of them is 'COST')

is there any option to do a button or table box that when the user will click on it the expression he want will hide.

for example i have chart and in the table box he choose he want to dissapear the 'COST' expression and he will click on it to hide him.

thank you

eran

i have qlikview 11

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

You can done this using the chart Properties --> presentation ---> show/ hide column .

You can show/hide the expr column using the some condition based on your requirement.

hope this attached file will be helpfull for your requirement

Regards

Ashok

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

In qlikview 11, you can show/hide an expression based on the condition.  You can do this by

Create a button and assign an action Set Variable and assign show variable

vShowCost and give value=1 (To show the column)

Similarly create another button and assign action vShowCost = 0 (To hide the column)

Now Conditional in Expression give vShowCost = 1

it displays the Cost expression.  On other button click it hides the expression.

Hope the attached document helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

chandashok in your example i mean if the user want to see only SUM1 without the others,

how i hide SUM2 and SUM3 columns.

jagan mohan i try your solution now.

Not applicable
Author

jagan mohan have maybe an example to what you suggested, i understand what you say but i cant bring it to action.

thank you

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I don't have Qlikview 11 installed in my machine.  You can check Qlikview community, there are lots of examples regarding this.

I think you can also find this example in What's new in Qlikview 11 example QV document.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

I found a pretty nice workaround, try creating another invisible expression and group it with the expression you want to hide (COST). So you can switch between 'COST' and the invisible expression.