Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polisetti
Creator II
Creator II

hide column in Fast change.

Hi,

In my report i have a chart ,with 3 expressions and i applied a fast change option for bar chart and straight table.In which i want to show the 3 expressions in the straight table and when we change to bar chart i want to hide one of the expression .Is it possible ?Please check the screen shot.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Polisetti

In the expressions tab in the chart properties, highlight the expression that you wish to hide in the bar chart, and set it to "invisible" (check box to the right of the expression list)

This will make it invisible in the chart, but when you change to a table the column will still be there (indeed, it will remain if you copy the values or export the chart to excel also)

Erica

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

try something like this:

Not applicable

Hi Polisetti

In the expressions tab in the chart properties, highlight the expression that you wish to hide in the bar chart, and set it to "invisible" (check box to the right of the expression list)

This will make it invisible in the chart, but when you change to a table the column will still be there (indeed, it will remain if you copy the values or export the chart to excel also)

Erica

Not applicable

As you can see in my straight table i have two expression and my barchart only shows one.

What i did was just to uncheck the bar element under propeteries for barchart -> expression .display options.

Or you could check the invisible box as Erica Whalley mentions. Remember to be under properties for your chart

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Create two separate charts... one straight table and second your combo or bar chart..

Create a button and set a variable something like vVar = 1.. now on action tab add an action so that when you click on button the vVar will change to 2

Straight Table

Layout Show Conditional vVar = 1 and

Chart show conditional vVar = 2

Hope this help.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Yes it is. In Properties | General, set up the fast type changes (bar chart and straight table) and then select the bar chart in Chart Types. Now you can set up all the properties for a bar chart view. Go back to Properties | General and select the straight table in Chart Types. Now set up the straight table options - and hide the column in Properties | Presentation.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
polisetti
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hoo Thank you very much............