Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

hiding sheets upon opening the qlikview document from web

Hello

I got a requirement from the client that says that users accesing the qlikview document should not see all sheets

the privileges for seeing and not seeing teh sheets are read from an excel sheet

in the document properties I added acctions to the OnOpen trigger of the document to set variables values based on the values read from the excel sheet

now everything is working out perfectly

however when I open the document via the web browser the actions on the OnOpen trigger do not work at all

how to overcome this dilemma?

please advise

Hello

I got a requirement from the client that says that users accesing the qlikview document should not see all sheets

the privileges for seeing and not seeing teh sheets are read from an excel sheet

in the document properties I added acctions to the OnOpen trigger of the document to set variables values based on the values read from the excel sheet

now everything is working out perfectly

however when I open the document via the web browser the actions on the OnOpen trigger do not work at all

how to overcome this dilemma?

please advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
3 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi ali_hijazi,

Try to write the expression that will hide or show the sheets directly on your variable instead of using a macro to write the variable values.

If you post your macro, we can try to help you a bit more

Regards,

Erich

its_anandrjs

Hi,

If you hide the sheet by the help of variables is always works if you are hiding the shhet by the use of macros so it will not work correctly some times. But if forcelly you want to run it try to schedule the application on windows schedular then it works correctly.

Rgds

Anand

Not applicable

You did not specify if you're using the IE plugin or AJAX interface to access the document. If you're using the IE plugin, then you can use the OnOpen trigger. If you're using AJAX, the OnOpen trigger does not work; you will need to uses variables or store the access in a table. I would recommend using a table especially if different users have access to different sheets. Your table can look something like this:

LOAD * INLINE [

USER, sheet1, sheet2, sheet3

user1, 1, 0, 0

user2, 0, 1, 1

]

where USER is a column linked to a column in your section access so only one row is availabe when a user opens the document. In the conditional field in the sheet properties you can have something like:

=sum(sheet1) > 0

to determine if the sheet should be displayed.