Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how can I simulate the 'always one value selected'?

Hi Dear Experts,

I need simulate the option of 'Always one value selected' , if I said simulate is because, if I select that option can't clean in other tab

so somebody have any idea about how can simulate in a list box the same functionallity of 'Always one value selected' option?

Best regards.

12 Replies
bgerchikov
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Roldan,

There are several options to handle this problem:

Trigger on Tab open to assign certain value to the field while moving to selected Tab

Disregard field selection in Set Analysis (recommended):

Field1=

etc

Hope it will help

tcullinane
Creator II
Creator II

I'd say use sheet property triggers to define a variable as the selection, you can then use an input box with constraints to change the selection in the sheet rather than a list box and a clear trigger on leaving the sheet if need be. this will however result in the same variable always being selected on sheet open, it wont be persistent

Not applicable
Author

Just like @boris Gerchikov said, several options, most easy is to create triggers on selected Tab, setAnalysis and third option by macro on selection (do not recommend this last one), but it might help if you want to save the previous selection before entering the Tab which activates the trigger... once you are done, when you return to the original Tab you may restore previous selection.

Cheers!

Not applicable
Author

thanks Thomas ,

where I can configure the constraints of the imput box?.

you mean the variable set with the value of the selection?

best regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Boris thanks for answer,

well I do the trigger on tab but when select other value the selection has two values and I need only one.

is any way to do that with out the configuration of 'Always one value selected'?

best regards.

Not applicable
Author

the Set Analysis where a can configurate?.

regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I tried with lock fields, please have a look at the appln attached.

Hope it helps.

Kiru

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kiruthi, thanks a lot.

well is good the trigger but I mean,

in the first tab, the list box, have to change but, only with one value. and this not affect the second tab.

and with out the 'always one value selected'

best regards.

bgerchikov
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Roldan,

I think the Alternate State option would be a useful choice. Try it out.

Thanks!