Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how section access works on Qlikview publisher and in Access Point

i want to know how the section access works on Qlikview publisher and in Access Point.

I have a section script in my application and used USERID ( should i have to use NTNAME here ? ) only, and a reduction field called PERMISSIONS in the section access file, which will restrict the data to the user who logs in.

it works fine locally,

But when i try to publish it in Qlikview Publisher , it isthrowing an error "Failed to open Document,You dont have access to this Document".

How could i solve it. Help me on this.

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think the reason will be that the user which runs the server-account isn't included within your section access table. Further I suggest to consider if NTNAME wouldn't be more suitable for the authentication - especially if the server authentication is set to NT it could work like a SSO.

Here you will find a collection of multiple useful links to Section Access which also include how to implement NTNAME. Before starting make sure that you have BACKUP's from your applications without section access.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply.

could you please explain the below in brief.

I think the reason will be that the user which runs the server-account isn't included within your section access table.

marcus_sommer

Quite often the qlikview-server services runs not with a normal user like your user-account else with a special admin-user. Those user must be included with ADMIN within the field ACCESS and usually with a wildcard within the reducing-field in the section access table because per default-setting only users with ADMIN rights could execute a reload.

- Marcus