Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
somacdc
Contributor III
Contributor III

how to call window id except QlikView id

Dear all,

I have qlikview id from 'lower(OSUser())'. But I want to window id. I shall appreciate, if anyone knows about the same share with us please.

3 Replies
Josh_Berg_Support

Can you please elaborate on what you're looking for?  Are you referring to your ID when logging into the Accesspoint?  If you can provide some supporting screenshots that might help us figure out how to best support your question.

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sumaira, you have things backward on this one I am afraid, OSUser() is the Windows ID, whereas QvUser() is the Qlik ID, here is the Help link on things:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Syste...

OSUser()

This function returns a string containing the name of the current user as returned by the operating system. It can be used in both the load script and in a chart expression.

QVUser()

Returns a string containing the name of the current QlikView user as entered in for section access.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

See duplicate post: https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/how-to-call-window-id-except-QlikView-id/m-p/...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.