Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to create a product demo version

I would like to know how to create a product demo. We have develop a product using qlikview and want to create a demo version of it.

Thanks.

14 Replies
Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

Is your developed product being published in Accesspoint or your product is in the form of qvw where end users needs to have Qlikview Desktop installed to view it?

Not applicable
Author

Right now it is in the form of qvw and looking for options on how can I create a demo version, so the end user need not have Qlikview running on their desktop to view this demo.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

EXE files from QVW files are only generated by QlikTech in very special cases, and that feature is not available. Note that QlikView Personal Edition (if that's the version you are using) limits to no more than 4 recovery attemtps for documents created with a different user in the same computer or a different computer or licensed copy of QlikView, so take care if you are developing with Personal Edition and sharing with other Personal Edition users, you might not be able to open documents any longer.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I am using licensed version of Qlikview desktop and server.

Not applicable
Author

If you are on the latest version send them in over AJAX ... that will give them an idea prior to opening up the idea of qvp, port 4242 etc.

Not applicable
Author

I am using qlikview desktop v11. Can you tell me where can i find more information about AJAX ...

Not applicable
Author

You will find quite a bit in the community.

If you have no section access applied at the moment then try …

http://qlikview.yourdomain.com/qvajaxzfc/opendoc.htm?document=yourdocument.qvw

If you have section access

http://qlikview.yourdomain.com/qvajaxzfc/opendoc.htm?document=yourdocument.qvw&userid=yourusername&password=yourpassword

See how you get on with that.

Not applicable
Author

Does AJAX links work on personal edition v11 without having the server?

I tried the AJAX links and they both did not worked

Not applicable
Author

Remember that, if I understood the initial question, the idea is to give a demo to run on a PC without having a license.

So can the AJAX be a solution?