Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
durgavenkat
Contributor
Contributor

how to create dropdown dependency in qlikview

how to create dropdown dependency in qlikview.

and also on clicking one option from dropdown the next dropdown should get bided based on selection from 1st dropdown.

4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Durga, that's called 'hierarchical group', you can crate this groups in the Objects properties -> Dimension tab --> near the left-bottom corner there is a btton called 'Edit groups...'.

In the next dialog you can create a 'New...' group, just add the fields in the desired order for drill-down.

By default, when there is only one value on one level, it shows the next dimension level.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I assume that you are creating a drop down using multi-box objects? Then if the fields are associated correctly, the behaviour that you want should happen automatically.

Or are you entering a variable values and then making selections for the second drop down based on the variable value?

If you want specific help, I suggest that you upload sample qvw, and explain in detail what selections could be made and exactly what you would like to happen in response.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
durgavenkat
Contributor
Contributor
Author

how to create this.wanna create in listbox or chart (i.e) in new sheet object

durgavenkat
Contributor
Contributor
Author

multibox is working but if name list is more,its not fine...Doubt.png