Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to create table from sql server

I can't create table from sql server.

Because in a QlikView Reference Manuals V.11.pdf doesn't tell me about how to create table from sql server.It tell about create table from Starting Wizard

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you want to load a table from SQL Server into QlikView, go into the script editor and first create your connection string using the "Connect" button at the bottom left.

Once this is generated, use the "Select" button to pull data from the selected table.

Not applicable
Author

File --> Edit script --> Connect(button in th database section below) --> Choose OLE DB --> Select(button in th database section below), select your databse and tables.

It is very easy u will figure it out.

U can do it in the existing file or create a new document and cancel the connection wizard and follow above steps.

Cheers.

Not applicable
Author

Thx for all Answer

and I have some question.Now I can connect sql server,but when I click Create table box.

In the field of Avalible fields doesn't have Name of column. Why?

Not applicable
Author

Press Ctrl + E

click select

choose required databse then table and then columns. Hope u will see now what u want to in your tables?

Cheers

Not applicable
Author

I have choose table in sql server but, it doesn't have column in create new table

Not applicable
Author

Table.png

Choose your database and table like in the above screen

then u will be able to see the selected tables in your list boxes

but first u need to create the tables in your database in sql server I hope u have done that already.

Cheers

Not applicable
Author

I did everything as you said,but it doesn't have anything in create new table

Untitled.pngUntitled2.png

Not applicable
Author

Press Ctrl + E

and then click Reload button on the top

that shud do the trick other than that try making new connection if reload is not working.

Hope it helps, I have faced all those issues. Just have patience and keep trying its not tough.