Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjyadav94
Contributor II
Contributor II

how to load 2nd table without loading 1st table

hi all,

can anyone please explain me how to reload the 2nd data from 2nd edit script window without reloading or commenting the 1st table data in 1st edit script window..??? is this possible or my questions is valid..

please reply me with good suggestion.

thanks and regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swapniltaz
Contributor III
Contributor III

This Can be done in two ways :

Sol1:

a.Put the Second Edit script Window before the FIrst Table script by using Promote Tab

b. In the End of Second Script put Exit script command 

Sol2:

Inside the FIrst Table SCript put a where condition 1=2

View solution in original post

9 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is no switch to simply disable one tab in the script editor (I think that is what you are asking).

You can change the tab order. To 'disable' a script tab, move it to the right after an Exit Script statement. I usually add an Exit tab that contains the Exit Script. Move the tab to be ignored to the right of the Ext tab.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
vanderson009
Creator III
Creator III

Try using partial reload.
swapniltaz
Contributor III
Contributor III

This Can be done in two ways :

Sol1:

a.Put the Second Edit script Window before the FIrst Table script by using Promote Tab

b. In the End of Second Script put Exit script command 

Sol2:

Inside the FIrst Table SCript put a where condition 1=2

rubenmarin

Another option can be enclosing all your 1st table script in a:
IF $(vFullReload)=1 THEN
//Script
ENDIF

Setting the variable vFullReload to 0 (or something different than 1) will skip that code, setting the variable to 1 will execute the code.
rjyadav94
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

so u mean to say i should write exit statement after writing the script in 2nd tab.? is that you want to say?
rjyadav94
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

ty for ur response but is is not working with partial reload ...
rjyadav94
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thanks for your response..can you please give me the steps after creating the variable. should i create the buttons for this process? not getting eaxctly what you want to say?
rubenmarin

Once you have your script ready to work checking the variable value there are different ways to change the variable value.

It can be a button in front-end, an inputbox, setting the variable value in variables overview panel or just a line of code in script or external file:

SET vFullReload =0; //Set to 1 to load all tables.

With buttons:

Add a new button, in actions tab add an action External->set variable to 0 or 1 and do another action external->Execute script.

You can have a button to load with 0, and another to load with 1.

Inputbox: just add a new inputbox control and add the variable. In rule you can edit the variable to preload values 0 and 1 to select.

rjyadav94
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

not getting solution 2.. why where condition and how to put that.. what is mean 1 and 2.